Yum! Take me back to Thailand! I love the smell and taste of coconut and mango – such a perfect combination! This dessert brings back memories of a little cute side street café on Phi Phi island in Thailand… Oh I miss that place 🙂 Traditionally, sticky rice pudding is made with white sticky rice, however, to “healthify” this dessert, I made it with brown sticky rice.
1 cup brown sticky rice
1 can full fat coconut milk
4-5 tbs coconut sugar (or other sweetener)
1 tbs coconut oil, optional
1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs sesame seeds, sprinkle on top
1. Rinse and cook the rice according to the instructions on the back of the package.
2. In a separate saucepan, add the coconut milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Bring it to an almost boil on medium heat, stir.
3. When the rice is cooked, take it of the heat and add in half of the coconut milk mixture, stir and let it sit for about 30 minutes to allow the flavours to mix.
4. Cut the mango into slices.
5. Put the rice onto dessert plates (it should be served warm), top with mango and the rest of the coconut milk mixture. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.